LONDON, 8 September 2022: Sage, the leader in accounting, financial, HR and payroll technology for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), and Square, the global payments technology provider, today announce a new partnership, focused on helping small businesses work smarter and save time, freeing them up to grow their businesses.
The partnership allows Sage Accounting and Square’s point of sale (POS) software to integrate, and it is now live in the UK, Ireland and Canada. It means customers using both products can do business and take payments anywhere – in-person, online or over the phone. Sales data then flows seamlessly into Sage Accounting, keeping traders' books up-to-date and accurate.
For accountants managing small businesses’ books, the integration makes it easier to see and easily access clients’ latest financial data, with transactions synced into Sage Accounting daily.
“Processing cashless payments effectively is critical to business owners especially as more shoppers choose digital payment methods over cash,” says Neal Watkins, EVP, Product at Sage. “Through this partnership, Sage and Square are taking the pain out of keeping on top of finances for small businesses. They can keep track of sales transactions with ease, and get paid with confidence, and Sage Accounting is automatically updated so their books are covered.”
“When the world went online during the pandemic, technology helped businesses survive,” says Jason Lalor, Executive Director at Square Europe. “One of the lasting benefits we’ve seen for businesses was the shift to digital ways of working and selling. This switch is providing solutions to challenges all across the professional services sector by allowing businesses to be agile. Our sellers are continuously finding new and more efficient ways of working that prioritise expertise, implementing technology, and setting their business apart in an increasingly competitive landscape and we’re excited to see how this partnership with Sage strengthens SMB growth.”
The key benefits of the Sage Accounting and Square POS integration for SMB customers are:
- Taking the pain out of accounting: Seamlessly updating customers’ books – all sales and payments transactions processed through Square POS will be reconciled automatically in Sage Accounting daily.
- Process sales anywhere, anytime: Combining Sage’s software with the option to add easy to use POS hardware to support cashless selling, in-person, online or over the phone.
- Having visibility: Up to date, accurate visibility of a business’s financial position, easily accessed.
- Enjoying an optimised customer experience: Ability to offer loyalty programs and delve into data to understand customer behaviour.
- Getting support, around the clock: Customers can access 24/7 support when using the integration, through a service provided by Amaka, global leader in accounting integration and automation software, which powers the connection between Sage and Square.