FT Partners is pleased to announce our role as exclusive strategic and financial advisor to Marqeta on its $150 million growth financing, valuing the company at $4.3 billion, an approximately 2.5x increase from the prior round valuation, which closed less than a year ago. The round was led by one of the largest asset managers in the world. The Marqeta round, along with our recently announced ~$400 million financing for AvidXchange, both stand out since they were led by new investors and represent valuations that were substantial increases from the most recent prior rounds. Many recent large FinTech financing rounds have been led by insiders and at down or flat valuations. This round brings the total capital raised by FT Partners for Marqeta to over $500 million.
Founded in 2010, Marqeta is the first global modern card issuing platform and supports the world's fastest-growing innovators at scale, including Square, Affirm, DoorDash, Klarna and Instacart, by providing the most advanced infrastructure and tools for building highly configurable payment solutions.
Please view our in-depth profile for more details on this transaction.
The Marqeta transaction highlights FT Partners' ability to drive optimal results for our clients, even during these challenging market conditions. This transaction also underscores the long-term nature of many of our client relationships. FT Partners has advised Marqeta on all of its capital raising since 2015. Since then, the Company's enterprise value has grown by over 40x. Prior to this round, we advised Marqeta on its $260 million Series E financing led by Coatue in 2019, its $45 million financing led by ICONIQ in 2018, its strategic $25 million financing led by Visa in 2017, and its $25 million financing in 2015.
This transaction builds on FT Partners' track record representing numerous FinTech "Unicorns" with $1 billion+ valuations, and extensive history advising on multi-billion dollar transactions including:
- Heartland's $4.5 billion Sale to Global Payments
- Assurance's $3.5 billion Sale to Prudential
- Mercury's $1.7 billion Sale to Vantiv
- SquareTrade's $1.4 billion Sale to Allstate
- Stone's $1.4 billion IPO and $100 million Private Placement
- Cayan's $1.05 billion Sale to TSYS
- GreenSky's $1.01 billion IPO
- Interswitch's Strategic Investment from Visa for a Total Enterprise Value of $1 billion
- AvidXchange's ~$400 million Growth Financing
- Next Insurance's $250 million Series C Financing
- Checkout's $230 million Series A Financing
- Remitly's $220 million Financing
- BlueVine's $103 million Series F Financing
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this transaction or any other matters at [email protected] or 415-385-9318.